Getting in Shape
Options

**New Posters come Here (All you people with <100 posts)

Re: **New Posters come Here (All you people with <100 posts)

• Options
    Wedding date: May, 31 2014

Weight loss/fitness goals: want to lose 25-30 lbs

Favorite cake flavor: vanilla

If you lurk, how long have you: about a month

Anything interesting about yourself: Im working on training to run a 10K next year in May! :) Never have been much of a runner but Im getting there!Smile

• Options
    TandksmommyTandksmommy member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited October 2012
    Wedding date: August 2013

Weight loss/fitness goals: I'd like to lose 40lbs.

Favorite cake flavor: I don't even want to think about cake right now!

Anything interesting about yourself: I don't eat very much red meat. I don't like the flavor.

Any question you might have: How do you guys stay on track? I am totally struggling with staying on the bandwagon.

I'll gladly accept anyone as a friend on MyFitnessPal. I need all the motivation and help I can get! Tandksmommy11 on there.
  • Options
    Wedding date: September 14, 2013

Weight loss/fitness goals: I want to lose at least 16 pounds, but no more than 30.

Favorite cake flavor: Chocolate! But we haven't picked a wedding cake flavor yet!

If you lurk, how long have you: I've been a member since July, and have been posting since!

Anything interesting about yourself: My maid of honor is a man :)

Any question you might have: None yet!

• Options
    Wedding date: 5/18/13

Weight loss/fitness goals: to get my waist down to 25.5inches so I can into my dress. Long term is maintaining this. I work as a payroll coordinator and normally sit  most of the day

Favorite cake flavor: Lavender cupcakes

If you lurk, how long have you: 1 month

Anything interesting about yourself: I'm a huge foodie from seattle and love restaurant week.

Any question you might have: N/A
  • Options
    Hi Everyone!

My name is Tiffany and my FI is James. We are getting married in Kona, HI on July 10, 2013.
    Not sure about cake flavors... cant wait to try some!
    Im seriously lacking motivation to get in shape. Iv recently been trying to do at least 15 miutes of something every day. But wow that is hard, cause I love to eat all kinds of yummy unhealthy food! Plus, FI is always buying these groupons for amazing restaurants in NYC (where we live).

Its been very helpful reading a lot of the posts here. Now that we have a venue, I cant wait to start planning!!!
  • Options
    Wedding date: 5/18/13

Leslie here - older bride - 48 (49 when I get married in Sept. 13, 2013

Weight loss/fitness goals: 10 lbs by January to try on dresses; another 10 lbs after that. Tone my arms. 

Favorite cake flavor: Devil's food chocolate

If you lurk, how long have you:  I'm active, not a lurker

Anything interesting about yourself:  I'm a birder - a.k.a. bird nerd. Earlier this week I had about 40 birds in my yard as lots of migrants are passing through on their way south (also environmentalist so I plant a lot of food to attract them). My yard list is about 80 species.

Any question you might have: I'll take any tips to help me get this weight off. I have always been trim but in the last five years have put on 30s lbs (fertility treatments, eating while depressed, not enough exercise; tons of sweet treats at work). 
    Daring to dream a bigger dream
  • Options
    Wedding date: March 22, 2014? (maybe, not sure yet)

Weight loss/fitness goals: Started losing weight before I got engaged. I'm down almost 18 pounds. At least 50 more to go. I refuse to even start trying on dresses until I've lost at least 30 pounds total. It gives me more incentive.

Favorite cake flavor: I actually am not that fond of cake. I guess vanilla.

Anything interesting about yourself: I used to be a high school math teacher, but never enjoyed it. So now I'm working on a second bachelor's in Computer Science, which is the same degree my fiance is working on. I'm now working in an Engineering field and loving it. Between work and school neither one of us has a whole lot of time for planning.

Any question you might have: I'm sure I have tons, but nothing specific comes to mind right now. Just trying to wrap my head around all this planning.
     Visit The Knot!                                           image
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

My name is Sara and I'm a newly engaged college student who is not getting married for another four years, because me and my fiance what me to graduate first and get settled into a teaching job first before we get married. Im 19 and he is 20 years old which is another reason for the long engagement we are really young to be getting married. Also my Fiances name is Brandon.

Wedding date:
     April 27th 2017 (we could get married in in 2016 but its a leap year and thats bad luck. We chose the april 27th because that is the day we met four years ago.)

Weight loss/fitness goals: 
    To be as close as possible to a size six wedding dress I don't care how much I way i just don't want to wear a size 20 wedding gown on my wedding day.

Favorite cake flavor: mine is lemon but that probably wont be our cake flavor

If you lurk, how long have you: what is a lurk?

Anything interesting about yourself:
    I used to be an archery coach, and I want to be a high school history teacher.

Any question you might have:
    W here should you even start when planning a wedding or even an engagement party? (We haven't told any one yet because we want to tell everyone at once.)
  • Options
    This program totally worked for me. They garauntee you will lose 14lbs in just 28 days. I actually lost 17lbs in 28 days. If you can get a friend to sig-up, it's free for you, so there is really nothing to lose and its so cheap ($50)! If you want to lose weight fast, you should give this a try!
    They send you workout videos you can do at home, a nutrition plan and email support along the way. Its so worth it.
    http://findyourminime.com/FindYourMiniMe/Home.html
  • Options
    bebe214bebe214 member
    First Comment
    edited November 2012
    Wedding date: April 20, 2013

Weight loss/fitness goals: Losing about 20lbs

Favorite cake flavor: Vanilla

If you lurk, how long have you: This is my first time checking out the board

Anything interesting about yourself: Hmm..well I absolutely love animals. I have 2 dogs (German Shepherd and Pit Bull), a rabbit, a parakeet, and a ferret. I also use to volunteer at a horse stable that catered to kids with special needs.

Any question you might have: I am trying to eat low-carb. Any tips on being able to stay on track and still be able to eat out with friends? 
  • Options
    Wedding date: Summer 2014

Weight loss/fitness goals: I want my old body back.  2 years ago I had mouth surgery and was on a liquid diet and bed rest for 2 months, and it took me another month to be able to eat normal foods (still have a hard time with jerkey and can't eat gum without feeling really sore) and I lost soooo much muscle.  Then I went to culinary school and got on a medication and with that combo gained so much weight!  My lack of muscle made it hard to work out/be active,and cooking delicious things and baking 3-5 cakes a day in class destroyed my healthy-eating habits.  I was on the medication for a year and half, and my doctor kept saying my weight-concerns shouldn't be a factor in the medication, but then I found a new doctor that agreed with me and found something that works without the gain.  The weight isn't just falling off, so I need to work harder to get back where I used to be.

Favorite cake flavor: I'm more of a frosting girl.

If you lurk, how long have you: Joined way back in 2008 to be able to see all the pretty dresses, started lurking on the boards in the summer, started posting once I was actually engaged.

Anything interesting about yourself: I have a job that I absolutely love!  I go to bed every night looking forward to going to work the next day, which seems to be a rarity among my friends.  I also read over 300 books a year.

Any question you might have:  I absolutely hate running, but I've heard you can train yourself to like it.  Has anyone on here done that?  How?
  • Options
    dtbluv:  I was totally not a runner at all and the C25K (Couch to 5k) program was an awesome thing.  While it cannot teach you to enjoy running (that comes from inside you) it does have a great program for slowly building up to being able to run a 5k.

• Options
    Thanks Anna!
    I've seen that on Pinterest, but never heard from anyone that has actually tried it.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_getting-shape_new-posters-come-here-all-you-people-with-100-posts?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:238Discussion:c61b7458-0da7-4bf9-a631-fa3072f0bbfaPost:f1bd40a3-bdb7-4c17-a6be-eeacf017e6b4">Re: **New Posters come Here (All you people with <100 posts)</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thanks Anna! I've seen that on Pinterest, but never heard from anyone that has actually tried it.
    Posted by dtbluv[/QUOTE]

<div>It totally works.  Lots of the ladies here have used it with success!</div>
  • Options
    Wedding date: June 28, 2014

Weight loss/fitness goals: Improve my endurance and lose some inches around my stomach. I am at the perfect weight for my height and I am quite happy with the size of my clothing, but I have a lot of stomach fat I want to lose. I also have really poor endurance and I know just improving that will make me feel much healthier.

Favorite cake flavor: Chocolate!

If you lurk, how long have you: I've never really lurked on this board before. I've been lurking on other boards since I joined and am semi-active on a few.

Anything interesting about yourself: I am a Biology and Latin major. Biology is pretty common at my school, but the Latin always makes people do a double take.

Any question you might have: What is the best way to improve endurance? Is there a certain length/intensity/type/times per week that will especially help?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Wedding date:  Friday, April 19, 2013. Yeah, I'm one of those people who just couldn't do it on a Saturday and be easy. The price of doing an evening wedding at my church was that we could do on on Saturday or Sunday.

Weight loss/fitness goals: 10-15 lbs.

Favorite cake flavor:  Chocolate with chocolate icing, but you know cake in general is awesome.

If you lurk, how long have you:  I've been lurking around the boards for a few months now. I just broke down today and posted a bunch of stuff I've been thinking about posting.

Anything interesting about yourself:  My FI and I met at law school orientation. We graduated, passed the bar and now work at the same office. we want to do something beach-y for our honeymoon, and I want to look good for that.

Any question you might have:  What excericse plans work the best for someone with asthma? How can I feel full? I'm 5'2 and 125lbs. what's a good caloric intake for me? Some people tell me I need as little as 800 per day. Others tell me I need over 1,000.
  • Options
    Wedding date: 3/2/13

Weight loss/fitness goals: Tone up! Tone arm muscles, chest & legs

Favorite cake flavor: Marble! :)

If you lurk, how long have you: A few days now.. registered a while ago for a friends wedding

Anything interesting about yourself: We are getting married in Key West!

Any question you might have: Best eating habits to maintain weight, not necessairly lose, and how good is Zumba for you REALLY? :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_getting-shape_new-posters-come-here-all-you-people-with-100-posts?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:238Discussion:c61b7458-0da7-4bf9-a631-fa3072f0bbfaPost:4950b8cf-335a-4693-8102-3cd562523d2f">Re: **New Posters come Here (All you people with <100 posts)</a>:
    [QUOTE]What excericse plans work the best for someone with asthma? How can I feel full? I'm 5'2 and 125lbs. what's a good caloric intake for me? Some people tell me I need as little as 800 per day. Others tell me I need over 1,000.
    Posted by AimeeRab[/QUOTE]

<div>I've found that I can do any exercise as long as my asthma is regulated. p90X, 30DS, ballet, running.. I  do them all.  The important thing is to slow yourself or rest when you feel the real tightness coming on.  usually for me it's weather related.  I simply cannot work out if it's been hugely humid out. My lungs hate it.  That being said, I still work out.  i just take it easyon bad lung days by sticking to walking and doing strength exercises like weights, crunches, and the like.</div><div>
    </div><div>I used <a href="http://www.bmi-calculator.net/bmr-calculator/" rel="nofollow">http://www.bmi-calculator.net/bmr-calculator/</a> to give me a basic guess at your BMR. It's around 1300.  So 1300 calories is around what you burn a day just by being alive.  So a good plan for weight loss might be to eat 1500 calories a day but burn 300 through exercise. It's usually good to stay above the 1200 calorie net for the day just to keep your body from going into starvation/storage mode.  Try something like the above and then slowly tweak it to what works best for you.</div>
  • Options
    Hi everyone! Wedding date: Feb 16 2012 Weight loss/fitness goals: Would love to lose five more pounds, but over all just tone up and get amazing arms. Jennifer Anistons would do. :) Favorite cake flavor: chocolate, with a rum frosting If you lurk, how long have you: A few months. We are in the home stretch for the wedding and I've kind of been slacking since I finished p90x, so I figured time to start up. Anything interesting about yourself: Im currently living in Germany (must resist the deadly three: bread, beer and brats!) also, I try to eat as vegan as possible despite my obsession with cheese. Any question you might have: Not much, just excited for some accountability!
  • Options
    Hello!
    Wedding date: January 6th 2013
    Fitness goals: My fitness goal is fitness! I would like to gain some muscle mass and also to develop a routine that becomes a habit.  I did sports for years in high school and college but I always find myself going to the gym for a few weeks and then tapering quickly into nothing.  I am also trying to support my fiance in his weight loss goals. 
    Favorite cake flavor: I'm not a big cake fan.  Though a nice red velvet is lovely. Gotta have the cream cheese icing. 
    Lurking: I've been on the Knot for a few months through the wedding planning process. New to GIS.
    Interesting: We have two Golden Retrievers, Max and Maggie.  They're awesome.
    Questions?  Nope!
  • Options
    derksenrileyderksenriley member
    First Comment
    edited December 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_getting-shape_new-posters-come-here-all-you-people-with-100-posts?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:238Discussion:c61b7458-0da7-4bf9-a631-fa3072f0bbfaPost:614512eb-c03e-4be3-baa0-81986179aa29">Re: **New Posters come Here (All you people with <100 posts)</a>:
    [QUOTE]Wedding date: an undecided month in 2013 Weight loss/fitness goals: 30 lbs Favorite cake flavor: white cake with buttercream frosting If you lurk, how long have you: still a newbie Anything interesting about yourself: I'm a law student, not that that's too interesting. Any question you might have: <strong>Anyone planning while in law school</strong>/ grad school? We're debating Aug 2013/ Dec 2013. 
    Posted by sportzpinke187[/QUOTE]

I am! (My fiance is also) Getting married between 3L semesters (next month!).  What year are you? How elaborate do you picture your wedding being?
  • Options
    Hey Guys, 

So I have been lurking on the GIS Board for a while and I fgured I would come out and say Hi!!!

Wedding date: August 10, 2013

Weight loss/fitness goals: Lose 80lbs./Get back to running at least 3 miles a day

Favorite cake flavor: French Vanilla/Red Velvet

If you lurk, how long have you: about a month on this board

Anything interesting about yourself: I enjoy watching Disney Princess movies with my daughter!! 

Any question you might have: Do you guys have any recommedations for great places to go to get good low calorie receipes? I would prefer not to have to cook two sepearte meals for me and for my family!!! Thanks! 

Please add me to MFP (My Ftiness Pal) and help motivate me!!! Trollins23
  • Options
    Tnt:  My favorite recipe sites are SkinnyTaste, CookingLight, and EatingWell.  Lots of great recipes!

• Options
    Wedding date: May 2013... maybe? 

Weight loss/fitness goals:  I need to lose 30 more pounds of baby weight. :(

Favorite cake flavor:  Forget the cake.  I want the buttercream icing!

If you lurk, how long have you: I was a pretty active poster on The Bump.

Anything interesting about yourself: My boyfriend and I have been together for over four years.  We now have a nine month old son and are ready to get married.  The ring has been bought and am now waiting for him to surprise me with "the question".  We want a small courthouse wedding with a fun dinner for family and friends afterwards.  My only requirements are a dress, a photographer, and a lot less baby weight on my body!  I'm hoping to find motivation and support here.

Any question you might have: Not yet!

image image

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers  
    <3 Lots o' love to my Labor Buddies mommynpink & alliebooberz <3

Wedding Countdown Ticker

I *really* love Pinterest!

• Options
    Wedding date: April 2014 Weight loss/fitness goals: lose 30 poundsand keep it off! Favorite cake flavor:that's a tough one..I love cake but if I had to pick it would be angel food cake w/ fresh fruit of vanilla w/buttercream frostinghello fattening! If you lurk, how long have you:since I joined a few days ago lol Anything interesting about yourself: I love to cook and bake Any question you might have: any tips/advice on keeping weight off?
  • Options
    Hi! I'm new around here so I thought I would check in! Wedding date: 3/23/13 (93 days! Ahhhh) Weight loss/fitness goals: 30lbs Favorite cake flavor: Vanilla If you lurk, how long have you: Off and on for the last couple of weeks Anything interesting about yourself: We're getting married in Las Vegas! Any question you might have: With 93 days to go, I decided I would be a little happier if lost some weight. My dress still fits, but I want to lose about 30lbs. My biggest challenge is working out. I don't have a gym membership but I do have work out tapes and stuff, I just have a hard time working out when others are in the room. My sister lives with us and is ALWAYS home. I'm not sure what do or what I can do to get motivated.
    Visit LasVegas.Weddings.com
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

Wedding date:

September 14, 2013

Weight loss/fitness goals:

Lose 30 lbs. Like what I see when I look in the mirror. I've gained about 30 lbs since I moved in with my fiance two years ago (of course he's lost weight and looks great) and am now at the heaviest I've ever been and I hate it.

Favorite cake flavor:
    I don't so much like cake cake but I love me some cheesecake...

If you lurk, how long have you:

I've been on the knot for over a year but I haven't really posted anywhere that much.

Anything interesting about yourself:

I can never think of anything when I'm asked this question... Penguins are my favorite animal, is that interesting?

Any question you might have:
    I work nights, so I don't eat at normal person times and I have found it difficult to figure when and what to eat- does anyone have any advice? I think this has contributed to my weight gain although the crappy food and lack of physical activity have definitely contributed more...

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Wedding date: Fall 13? Just got engaged, not sure yet!

Weight loss/fitness goals:Looking to slim down in the hip area and tone up overall!

Favorite cake flavor: Chocolate or pie :)

If you lurk, how long have you: Just got on theknot

Anything interesting about yourself:Just moved to the Raleigh area, so I will be planning this without family/friends... advice? :)

Any question you might have: Anyone in the Raleigh area want to workout buddy up?
  • Options
    Hi everyone! My name is Samantha, and I'm here because I want to get in shape for my December 2013 wedding! I'm hoping to lose fifty+ pounds and at least three dress sizes. I want to look the best that I ever have on my wedding day. My favorite cake flavor depends entirely on my mood. This is the first time I've been on this board and I hope that it goes well. :) My fiancee's name is Amanda, who may also post with our account. Something interesting about me, I'm a full-time nanny, who actually adores her job!
  • Options
    JiimanieJiimanie member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    edited January 2013
    Hi all, just ventured onto this board, thought I'd introduce myself ....

Wedding date: 14/04/2014 (hopefully, not booked yet!)

Weight loss/fitness goals: No specific amount of llbs, more concerned about losing inches off my waist, hips and thighs! Inch off each thigh, and a couple of inches from the waist and hips is the initial target but I'd love to lose more.

Favorite cake flavor: Erm, I don't know! Frangipan?! Give me wine over cake any day!

If you lurk, how long have you: Just a week.

Anything interesting about yourself: Planning a Vegas wedding from over here in the UK :)

Any question you might have: How can I tone my legs without them getting too bulky?

Looking forward to joining you all on the GIS journey!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
       UK based bride, getting married in Vegas on 14th April 2014!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards