Wedding Etiquette Forum

Is there a Saturday chat thread?

Re: Is there a Saturday chat thread?

• Hi ladies, I just got home from my friend's bridal shower. It was really nice, and the food was good. I'm glad we picked the restaurant we did. I can't take much credit, the other girls came up with a lot of the ideas for favors and decorations and stuff... I'm going to be doing more for the bachelorette party since it's at my parent's shore house.

I also picked up my bridesmaid dress... I was hoping not to need alterations, but it's somehow too big in the chest, whcih is weird since I usually have the opposite problem... the dress I wore to the shower, it took 2 people to get my boobs zipped in, heh.

Hockey, very sorry to hear about your turtle. Will you get another pet or just grieve for awhile? When our dogs passed away, it was always so weird not to have a dog (or 2 dogs, if we had another dog at the time.)
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm glad you had a good time Angel. Sorry about your dress needing alterations, that's frustrating. I also rarely have that problem. Actually, the biggest problem I have is finding a baithing suit to fit me properly. I have G cups so unless I get one of the really expensive suits that is made for busty ladies I have to get like a 3 or 4 XL sized suit. If I get a tankini it's not a huge problem because it's not very noticeable, but it's so loose on the bottom if I get a one piece. 
  • Poke, I don't think the link to your blog works. Or at least I can't click on it.

Bathing suit shopping can be fun, but I generally wear a bikini, so I can get different sizes on the top and bottom, which is good since I don't think I've ever been the same size on both.
  • Hmmm, I wonder why that's not working. Let me see if I can fix it. It's not anything exciting atm, although I do plan on posting recpies and junk when I finally get settled in over in England. 

And I wish I could wear bikinis, but I'm just not comfortable with it. I usually wear a tankini top and a pair of bicycle shorts. 
  • Okay, fixed it. See that TK IT? Something didn't work and I FIXED IT. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_is-there-a-saturday-chat-thread?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:1cf6c14e-28c2-4b6e-b504-fd10eca5a3bfPost:9113c020-411b-48c8-9540-a28a40824156">Re: Is there a Saturday chat thread?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Okay, fixed it. See that TK IT? Something didn't work and I FIXED IT. 
    Posted by pokepoke27[/QUOTE]

Haha, true story. Got anything fun going on tonight?
  • No, not tonight. I'm going to force myself to get something productive done. I've got plenty to actually get done - like, planning the timeline for my wedding for instance. I was going to have some lasagne for dinner but since I had that cheeseburger for lunch I might just have some veggies and rice. 
  • Anyone still around? I just finished Divergent, and am now starting on Insurgent. I finished Divergent in about 4 hours total, hah. 
  • I had a burger for lunch too and I'm really full, so I don't think I'll have dinner... I'll probably just have a late night snack. My anxiety is horrible right now, so that always takes away my appetite as well. It was bad enough to take my medicine, which I try not to do most of the time. My anxiety started out as a very occasional thing, so I was given Ativan to take as needed, but now it's getting so bad that it's starting to interfere with my daily life and my ability to function, so I have to go back to the doctor once I get insurance :/
  • Hi MuSu! I added Divergent to my queue on my book rental site, so it'll come eventually. I don't even know what it's about, I've just seen it recommended so many times, so I figured I'd read it!
  • I'm sorry your anxiety is acting up, Angel. :( Thats no good. Meds are freakin' expensive, man. J's meds are over $100 since his insurance doesn't cover it. Sucks balls. 
  • Divergent is a dystopian young adult book, kinda like Hunger Games but obviously a different plot. Its kinda cool that its set in Chicago, or at least what WAS Chicago. I've been there enough times that I recognize a lot of the geographical references. 
  • Yikes, that's a lot... is it something he takes daily or occasionally? My medicine is expensive, but since it's as needed, I don't mind paying for it. It was covered by my old insurance, but I get the name brand instead of the generic, so it was still expensive.

How's the puppy doing?
  • Still here Musu - I've heard everyone talking about those books. I'm totally going to add them to my reading list.

Angel - mine was only a small burger - it was a Childrens Miracle Network grill out. It wasn't like a Five Guys size burger or anything haha. And I'm sorry to hear about your anxiety problems. But it sounds like things have been kind of stressful lately so I'm sure that's really impacted it. And have you tried meditation? It's helped me before, and it could be a good way to get you through this stretch without insurance. 
  • Hi ladies.  I had a bridezilla moment today.

cried, pouted, and swore, ugh it totally sucked!
  • Heyo!  I'm here briefly while I eat a snack.  My best friend came to see the house today and we went shopping.  I got soe laundry done, and now we're going to go shoot things.  I haven't been shooting in awhile so I'm pretty excited.

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • Ski - details? Am I going to see you on TV? : p
  • Ski, what happened that had you upset?

J, shoot things like hunting or target shooting?
  • Angel, he is supposed to take it daily because its for ADHD. I wish I could add him to my parents plan (since I'm staying on til I have a job or turn 26, whichever comes first...most likely the job!), but I can't. The school health insurance (he pays for it through tuition or whatnot) doesn't cover ADHD meds because of all the dumb college kids that use it recreationally. 

• Angel, there are some really inexpensive daily anxiety meds.  Generic Buspar would be about $10 a month (at least around here). 

• Targets, my dear.  I don't shoot animals.

• Hey J! I know you have read the Divergent books... what faction do you think you'd be in? I'm almost 100% positive that I would be in Amity.
  • FI likes to take cans and shake them up, then shoot them. They explode. It's amusing.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_is-there-a-saturday-chat-thread?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:1cf6c14e-28c2-4b6e-b504-fd10eca5a3bfPost:f8a0453a-952e-41b0-9664-98b5ccfe38b4">Re: Is there a Saturday chat thread?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hey J! I know you have read the Divergent books... what faction do you think you'd be in? I'm almost 100% positive that I would be in Amity.
    Posted by musicalsunlight[/QUOTE]

Well, I definitely couldn't be Abnegation.  I'm pretty brutally honest, so I could see myself in Candor.  I like to learn, but I think Erudite would get old really fast.  I don't think I'm peaceful enough for Amity, but I'm helping-like enough.  Dauntless would be fun, but I wouldn't last.

So....I guess Candor! 

• We've done that, Poke.  In the fall, we like to shoot pumpkins.  Guts everywhere!

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_is-there-a-saturday-chat-thread?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:1cf6c14e-28c2-4b6e-b504-fd10eca5a3bfPost:948893e3-28bf-490b-a7b8-b467386d0603">Re: Is there a Saturday chat thread?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is there a Saturday chat thread? : Well, I definitely couldn't be Abnegation.  I'm pretty brutally honest, so I could see myself in Candor.  I like to learn, but I think Erudite would get old really fast.  I don't think I'm peaceful enough for Amity, but I'm helping-like enough.  Dauntless would be fun, but I wouldn't last. So....I guess Candor! 
    Posted by J&K10910[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>I considered Candor too but I know myself well enough to know that if I had to choose a life that i couldn't change ... I would really love living on a farm and being self sustaining and listening to banjos and all that. I would hate to be in Abnegation or Erudite, even though I do like to learn. 

</div>
  • And yeah I would never last in Dauntless. You couldn't pay me to beat someone up for no reason at all. 
  • Yeah, I have a really hard time choosing something I can't change later.  Whoa, I just almost spoilered.  Eek.

• Not only do you get the fun of shooting something and watching guts fly - but it's festive!! Not this past Halloween but the one before FI was here and he carved his first pumpkin. It was a drunk pumpkin. 
  • Gotta go shoot things!  See y'all later :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards