Options

Unpopular Opinion(s)

15678911»

Re: Unpopular Opinion(s)

• Options
    Well that was fun!
  • Options
    LOL Birdie!

Thanks, ladies, for the encouragment and for telling off that troll.  I really was speechless.  I can't remember the last time someone got me that riled.  Especially an idiot online hiding behind a screen name.

Books read in 2012: 21/50

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Options
    mica178mica178 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_unpopular-opinions-13?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:f2d12dfc-be54-4ea3-9848-44b2ecfcc5b8Post:845f4a8f-73e7-4670-b976-c2a672e12e9d">Re: Unpopular Opinion(s)</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Unpopular Opinion(s) : But does she float?
    Posted by catchmeblue70[/QUOTE]

If she floats, would that make her a piece of wood or a duck?
  • Options
    opalsky007opalsky007 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited May 2011
    nice, Mica
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Here Bay, this oughta cheer you up :)

(btw, this came to mind because there were other words I wanted to use for the troll...)
  • Options
    Hahaha, I love Monty Python.

Books read in 2012: 21/50

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Options
    mica178mica178 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    Thanks, Opal.

Ghoti -- I know.  She was all over E and SB too, but I think people have been reporting her for being an annoying troll, so the posts disappear.  Sadly she hasn't done anything ban-worthy lately, so she's free to annoy.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_unpopular-opinions-13?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:f2d12dfc-be54-4ea3-9848-44b2ecfcc5b8Post:d8604ad9-ac3d-48f3-80ed-b9e7984f5c34">Re: Unpopular Opinion(s)</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thanks, Opal. Ghoti -- I know.  She was all over E and SB too, but I think people have been reporting her for being an annoying troll, so the posts disappear.  Sadly she hasn't done anything ban-worthy lately, so she's free to annoy.
    Posted by mica178[/QUOTE]
    I wish she would. She's so obnoxious.
    The Happiest 5K on the Planet! Color Run 2012
    "I think the threat of 'You've ticked off The Brides!' might do it." Anniversary LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • Options
    Ugh.  She is annoying. That should be a bannable offense. 
  • Options
    ::hugs:: bay, I'm so on your side here (obviously).

Dumb troll is dumb.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_unpopular-opinions-13?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:f2d12dfc-be54-4ea3-9848-44b2ecfcc5b8Post:a436bf2f-5650-43eb-9106-a233670060a7">Re: Unpopular Opinion(s)</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Unpopular Opinion(s) : To add to this - I hate it when people are weird about splitting the bill and have to add it up to the penny.  I'd rather just pay for the whole thing than have to make my friend pay for my food because I'm cheap.
    Posted by andy71781[/QUOTE]

<div>If we ordered similar stuff I'll just split it, but if I got cheaper stuff or more expensive stuff I want to make sure I pay my fair share (but I just estimate, not count pennies).  I totally get annoyed when people order expensive stuff and then insist on splitting the check evenly.</div><div>
    </div><div>I totally got flamed for this on another board, but I'm annoyed about people complaining about the gas prices, especially when they drive gas guzzling SUVs.  Most of these people don't need a SUV, though they think they do.  Learn the difference between wants and needs people, and don't complain when your wants cost you extra money.</div>
    October 2010 September SC - 1st Anniversary Plans:
    Trip to Prague & bring home furbaby when we get back
    imageimage
    ~ Karen ~
    **Wedding/House/Travel Bio **
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_unpopular-opinions-13?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:f2d12dfc-be54-4ea3-9848-44b2ecfcc5b8Post:2685835c-bcd9-428a-8bfb-a7679e78d93b">Re: Unpopular Opinion(s)</a>:
    [QUOTE]SHUN, Melissa H!  Chocolate and peppermint is delicious. Ketchup, on the other hand, is disgusting.
    Posted by baystateapple[/QUOTE]

Agreed!
    Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_unpopular-opinions-13?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:f2d12dfc-be54-4ea3-9848-44b2ecfcc5b8Post:3e0715ad-12da-485f-a41a-f10f2426cf38">Re: Unpopular Opinion(s)</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Unpopular Opinion(s) : This. I'm fine with splitting the bill fairly evenly or putting in whatever. But I have friends who split it down to the penny to make sure they are never "cheated" out of anything. Come on. It's karma. It all adds up in the end. Sometimes I'll pay for my friend, sometimes she'll pay for me, sometimes we'll split it down the middle. Whatever.
    Posted by msmerymac[/QUOTE]

<div>The first time I went out with a friend that got anal about the cents, I wanted to bang my head on the table.</div>
    November11 Siggy challenge: You and your fiance!

imageWedding Countdown Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_unpopular-opinions-13?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:f2d12dfc-be54-4ea3-9848-44b2ecfcc5b8Post:0896dac2-06dc-487c-a142-1f78be6a5a3d">Re: Unpopular Opinion(s)</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Unpopular Opinion(s) : If she floats, would that make her a piece of wood or a duck?
    Posted by mica178[/QUOTE]
    I'm thinkin a piece of wood....because every time she comments she keeps gettin burned! :)
  • Options
    How did I miss this yesterday?! I was AROUND AND EVERYTHING. I'mma pull a Mandy and respond right now...

Keeks, we can no longer be friends. I have a trashy neck tattoo ;)

Kat#s... do you guys get the Lays honey mustard chips? To. Die. For. Especially with a glass of red wine.

I love strip clubs. Mostly for the hilarity that comes from conversations with the girls in the bathrooms. Also, the BEST wings I've ever had In. My. Life. were at a strip club ;)

And I'm with everyone against Aaaaaaaaaaashan (I'm sorry, I never remember hte order of your name). Anxiety disorder = real. And not fun.

I think if you agree to be a bridesmaid, you should be prepared to shell out for a dress - and I mean, I'm not saying the most expensive thing the bride can find, but average prices differ based on area. Sorry. You did have the option to say I'd love to, but I can't afford to, which is the adult route to take (then again, up here we don't have all your awesome department stores really...)

Also. Friends, HIMYM, Glee and Greys all suck. Hard.

Also, I have a popular opinion. Sapphirewhatever has zero tact. Zero.

Also. I think if you can afford Uggs, it doesn't matter what you wear 'em with, you've got more disposable income than sense ;)

Also, I definitely just ate a pickle and mustard sammich and zomg it was good (I haven't done groceries yet, condiment sammich it was ;) )

And finally. Because for once it wasn't mentioned at all...

I love Twilight. And cake.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards