Wedding Etiquette Forum

Worst Wedding You've Ever Been To?

Re: Worst Wedding You've Ever Been To?

• I just remembered another bad wedding! This was a wedding that I was a bridesmaid in. It was the middle of summer. We had to wear a two piece dress (very popular in 2002) that was extremely heavy. We also had to wear gloves. And dyed shoes. The ceremony was outdoors, in the grass and we had to stand the entire time. Who wears gloves in July!?
  • Oh boy dyed shoes. I owned them in emerald, navy, coral and purple...to match the dresses of course.

I also had a two-piece dress situation for one my stints as a bridesmaid. It wasn't a summer wedding but it was early September and very hot regardless. That wedding was very nice but our car got a flat tire on the way to the church and that caused some drama!
  • Hey everyone I went and read all 7 pages. I didn't want to keep posting over and over again, so I was going to comment with one big post. I am apologizing ahead of time for this. I just didn't want to repeatedly press reply to different posts! o.o 

@tammym1001-This same couple also had bridesmaids who were in completely inappropriate dresses for a Catholic church wedding. That's not against etiquette, but it is definitely something I remember and not for good reasons. They looked like they were dressed to go to the club (all the same dresses so obviously the bride picked them). I am very surprised about this. They lucked out with a more lenient church because I know some of the churches I looked at they told me if certain amounts of skin was showing I wasn't allowed to get married there or worse, the person dressed inappropriately wouldn't be allowed into the church the day of the ceremony. Bride included. 

Cash bars - I have no problem with this as long as it's for the alcohol. Although when it comes to the cash bar for EVERYTHING (beer, wine & soda) that's where I think it becomes a little ridiculous. 

@phiraI couldn’t pick just one thing from your experience to post about. All of it just sounded awful and frustrating.

Shoe in the Air Game - Ummm WHAT is this? This is the first I've ever heard of it. 

@Imhollister 4. They auctioned off the bride's garter. Whoever paid the most was going to be allowed to remove it but in the end the groom stepped in and did it. The whole auction thing was still super gross.  - …….WTF?!?!??!?! O.O I have NEVER heard of this!!! That is just…like you said, gross. I mean to each their own if you enjoy that sort of thing but yea….that’s just…unheard of….

@MGP - Wedding #2 - She would not let me bring my newborn daughter (4 months at the time and exclusively breastfeeding). My FI's brother got married last July. The bride didn't want kids invited, especially a new born baby. Their older sister had a 2 month old baby, breastfeeding just like you. Not only did the bride say "no children" but she didn't want newborns there because she "hates breastfeeding and finds it disgusting. I don't believe all the nutritional values they state about it" My FI's brother put his foot down when their sister said that they weren't going to come then if they couldn't bring the baby. 

"Obey" in the vows - to each their own. Some women don't like being the possession. Some women like it. If the bride is happy and glowing and she is repeating these words than she must not have any problem with them. I say as long as their happy, no big deal to me as the guest. 

@lovesclimbing- The bride made me stand up for the bouquet toss, even though I was engaged. The other girls stood up and I just sat in my seat. She called my name and said come on. I said no, I'm engaged and she said that still counts,  I have run into this problem a lot within my friends and just acquaintances.  there are many men and women out there that until you say "I do" it's still all up for discussion. No matter how long you've been together. I hate this, makes me feel so uncomfortable.

@jnissa- In the wedding in question, I was actually the officiant. One of the bridemaids was, unfortunately, an alcoholic. Her significant other was "charged" with babysitting her during the day to make sure that she didn't drink. As anybody who's ever known an alcoholic knows, this is an impossible task. Especially during the day of a wedding then wedding party members have lots of down time. Especially when people leave their drinks lying around as well. An alcoholic will get alcohol, it doesn't matter to them if it's someone else's cup and they drank from it. It's alcohol! Also, I'm surprised they did that too. I know in NY we were told at our pre marital class that if the bride, groom & the witnesses were drunk or the officiant thought we were too intoxicated that he/she has the right to stop the wedding. I'm glad they were still able to get married that day ^_^ Good for them! Hears to making a new memory with a beautiful ceremony. 

@sarahmarie409 - - didn't even get to try the cake...literally went to the bathroom for 5 minutes and the waiters had already cleared it  I've noticed this too. The waiters are so grab happy to get rid of things!! Had to stop the waiter from taking FI's cousin's piece of cake because she went to the restroom and they just literally served it! 

@Belle2188- at each wedding we've attended together since she's publicly discussed how much better hers was. I am going through this right now. FI's SIL, anytime someone asks us about the wedding planning she follows up our answers with "Well our....." I try not to bring it up with them around but FI's family has dinner every Sunday, it's the only time we have to catch up with the family. *sighs* 

@StephJean83- Second one I was MOH/DOC/wedding planner, I fought with 2 BMs to NOT carry their beer up the aisle with them.  Just tacky....

My bad experience is with a rehearsal dinner. It was my older brother's rehearsal dinner. I wasn't aware of all the etiquette, but for their rehearsal dinner, basically who they couldn't invite to the actual reception was allowed to come! My parents footed the bill. It was a casual affair but it ended up being almost 2k!!!! It was $10.00 a head.  SOs, children, step-children, cousins, second cousins, literally everyone you could think of (and most were not invited to the wedding) came to the rehearsal dinner. My parents ended up not having enough & were highly embarrassed to have to tell my brother this. My brother and my SIL had to dip into their honeymoon fund to help pay for the rehearsal dinner. Then the next day at the reception we found out that she was going around complaining about having to take money from their honeymoon to help pay for the rehearsal dinner.  

I know my parents offered and all that but at the same time my mom did her research and was only expecting the bridal party & significant others. So this was a total shocker when we walk into the rehearsal dinner and see all these people!!!!  

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • maryemoo said:

Are you letting people know that the entree is fish and pork?  Those are 2 foods that a lot of people do not eat.  They wouldn't necessarily list it as a dietary restriction but when they see the plate may want the veggie option at that point.  I think of a restriction as a food that cannot be eaten for religious or health reasons, not for foods I find disgusting.  I would love the salmon but wouldn't touch the pork.  

Some people aren't vegan/vegetarian/gluten free/etc because they "think it's disgusting." Sometimes it IS for health reasons.
    I am well aware it is for health reasons.  My point (if you read what I bolded) was that if a invitation asked about dietary restrictions people would list their health or religious restrictions.  They might not list their dislikes because it is not a true restriction.  For example I hate pork.  It has nothing to do with health or religion.  I just think it's gross (though I do love bacon and sausage).  I wouldn't list it as a restriction though.  I just wouldn't eat it.  I also wouldn't expect it to be on a plated meal at a wedding because so many people don't eat pork.  

I should note that I consider vegetarian/vegan to be a true restriction because if someone who hasn't had meat in years were to eat meet they could get very sick.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • maryemoo said:

Are you letting people know that the entree is fish and pork?  Those are 2 foods that a lot of people do not eat.  They wouldn't necessarily list it as a dietary restriction but when they see the plate may want the veggie option at that point.  I think of a restriction as a food that cannot be eaten for religious or health reasons, not for foods I find disgusting.  I would love the salmon but wouldn't touch the pork.  

Some people aren't vegan/vegetarian/gluten free/etc because they "think it's disgusting." Sometimes it IS for health reasons.
    I think you misunderstood her post. You might want to re-read it.
  • I went to a wedding of a friend who will openly admit she spent about $35k on her wedding. There was such a large gap that I was able to attend another friend's graduation party in between, and it was a cash bar for everything, even soda and juice. I don't think you should ever have either, but I was especially ticked that at such an extravagant wedding she wasn't hosting us properly.

It was one of the most beautiful weddings I've been to though. Such a shame.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • wiki8 said:
    I went to a wedding of a friend who will openly admit she spent about $35k on her wedding. There was such a large gap that I was able to attend another friend's graduation party in between, and it was a cash bar for everything, even soda and juice. I don't think you should ever have either, but I was especially ticked that at such an extravagant wedding she wasn't hosting us properly. It was one of the most beautiful weddings I've been to though. Such a shame.
    Depending where your friend had her wedding, it's very easy to spend this amount of money.  My wedding will be about this much total, but the majority of it is going towards the food and bar (as it should in my opinion). and we are trying to cut down on everything else. Clearly your friend cared more about her dress or having the perfect band or whatever than an open bar. 

The gap is rude, and has nothing to do with money

• laurynm84 said:
    wiki8 said:
    I went to a wedding of a friend who will openly admit she spent about $35k on her wedding. There was such a large gap that I was able to attend another friend's graduation party in between, and it was a cash bar for everything, even soda and juice. I don't think you should ever have either, but I was especially ticked that at such an extravagant wedding she wasn't hosting us properly. It was one of the most beautiful weddings I've been to though. Such a shame.
    Depending where your friend had her wedding, it's very easy to spend this amount of money.  My wedding will be about this much total, but the majority of it is going towards the food and bar (as it should in my opinion). and we are trying to cut down on everything else. Clearly your friend cared more about her dress or having the perfect band or whatever than an open bar. 

I was gonna say, we could have easily spent that much, but $4500 of it would have been for the full open bar ...
    Anniversary
    now with ~* INCREASED SASSINESS *~
  • laurynm84 said:
    wiki8 said:
    I went to a wedding of a friend who will openly admit she spent about $35k on her wedding. There was such a large gap that I was able to attend another friend's graduation party in between, and it was a cash bar for everything, even soda and juice. I don't think you should ever have either, but I was especially ticked that at such an extravagant wedding she wasn't hosting us properly. It was one of the most beautiful weddings I've been to though. Such a shame.

I was gonna say, we could have easily spent that much, but $4500 of it would have been for the full open bar .

@laurynm84 @phira

I wasn't trying to imply that the gap had anything to do with money. For our location, $35k is definitely possible to spend, but it isn't the norm at all. Especially for her venue, it didn't need to be as expensive as it was. She just wanted a lot of extravagant details, and I thought the fact that she spent so much and still had a cash bar for everything was baffling. Her MIL was trying to convince her how rude it was and all she did was complain that "with as much as she is spending on the wedding she doesn't think paying for people's soda should be her concern."

Oh, and she had a jack and jill greenback shower. 
  • huskypuppy14huskypuppy14 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited October 2013
    @Wiki8 she sounds like a peach! 

The 39 Stages Of Being A Bride

• @laurynm84 LOVE the grey's meme! She also (admittedly) got pregnant on purpose because her bf wouldn't propose.. so everything after that wasn't too much of a shocker to me.
  • alm&mdmalm&mdm member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited October 2013
    The worst wedding I ever attended was a NYE wedding. I wasn't allowed to bring a date due to budget concerns. I understood and made due but didn't get to spend NYE with my fiancé. 

The venue was literally out in the middle of no where. It was a 3 hour drive from where we all lived (bride and groom included). The nearest small town with a hotel was a $30 cab ride each way. So even splitting the cost of the room and cabs with a friend, it was a huge expense to get there. 

There was assigned seating in the church. Not just in terms of sides for the bride and groom, but what pew you were allowed to sit in. I got lucky to sit next to a close friend, who also hadn't been allowed a date but we were 5 pews away from the only other 2 people we knew at the wedding. Also the whole ceremony was based on readings from Dr Suess books. 

There was a huge frat crowd (couple had graduated college that spring) and they literally went to the semi open bar, got drinks and then walked to the back of the line to drink while awaiting another drink. Needless to say there were multiple vomit incidents that night. Someone actually passed out and wouldn't come to and an ambulance had to be called.

Favors were skittles in a little tulle circle. I hate knowing that the candies were touched by someone else. But dinner came out so late that everyone at my table ate the skittles because we were starved. When dinner finally came, it was the smallest portions I had ever seen and was cold. After the cake was cut, some people took multiple servings and part of us didn't even a piece of cake because it ran out. 

Dollar dance and all the other annoying goofy dances. 

The bride and groom never came and said hello to our table. The only time I got to talk to the bride was when I was trying to keep her from crying her eyes out in the bathroom over her father making a butt out of himself in the reception. 

No thank you cards or even a thank you in person.

It was an awful, awkward event and not only a bad wedding but a bad way to spend NYE.
  • alm&mdm said:
    The worst wedding I ever attended was a NYE wedding. I wasn't allowed to bring a date due to budget concerns. I understood and made due but didn't get to spend NYE with my fiancé. 

The venue was literally out in the middle of no where. It was a 3 hour drive from where we all lived (bride and groom included). The nearest small town with a hotel was a $30 cab ride each way. So even splitting the cost of the room and cabs with a friend, it was a huge expense to get there. 

There was assigned seating in the church. Not just in terms of sides for the bride and groom, but what pew you were allowed to sit in. I got lucky to sit next to a close friend, who also hadn't been allowed a date but we were 5 pews away from the only other 2 people we knew at the wedding. Also the whole ceremony was based on readings from Dr Suess books. 

There was a huge frat crowd (couple had graduated college that spring) and they literally went to the semi open bar, got drinks and then walked to the back of the line to drink while awaiting another drink. Needless to say there were multiple vomit incidents that night. Someone actually passed out and wouldn't come to and an ambulance had to be called.

Favors were skittles in a little tulle circle. I hate knowing that the candies were touched by someone else. But dinner came out so late that everyone at my table ate the skittles because we were starved. When dinner finally came, it was the smallest portions I had ever seen and was cold. After the cake was cut, some people took multiple servings and part of us didn't even a piece of cake because it ran out. 

Dollar dance and all the other annoying goofy dances. 

The bride and groom never came and said hello to our table. The only time I got to talk to the bride was when I was trying to keep her from crying her eyes out in the bathroom over her father making a butt out of himself in the reception. 

No thank you cards or even a thank you in person.

It was an awful, awkward event and not only a bad wedding but a bad way to spend NYE.
    What is a semi-open bar, like beer and wine are hosted but hard liquor is not?  Very strange on the assigned seating at the church; I have never seen that before. Nothing wrong with readings from Dr. Seuss.  

• wiki8 said:
    @laurynm84 @phira

I wasn't trying to imply that the gap had anything to do with money. For our location, $35k is definitely possible to spend, but it isn't the norm at all. Especially for her venue, it didn't need to be as expensive as it was. She just wanted a lot of extravagant details, and I thought the fact that she spent so much and still had a cash bar for everything was baffling. Her MIL was trying to convince her how rude it was and all she did was complain that "with as much as she is spending on the wedding she doesn't think paying for people's soda should be her concern."

Oh, and she had a jack and jill greenback shower. 
    Oh, I know, I was mostly commenting on like ... wow, she spent THAT much money and didn't put any of it towards an open bar? We're desperately trying to spend less than $20k on our wedding (we're in the Boston area and can't pare down our guest list below 100 people), and if we had an extra $15k, we'd be getting the full open bar at our venue before we did anything else.
    Anniversary
    now with ~* INCREASED SASSINESS *~
  • I got an invitation by word of mouth. There was not enough food. She was young, but still.
  • randerson123randerson123 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited October 2013
    This wasn't that bad, but its my worst:

Wedding invitation came word of mouth. The bride had basically tasked her mother to plan a wedding for her in four months with a tiny budget.

The wedding was pretty big, about 150-200 people. It was in a park with no paid staff except a photographer. The bridal party ran around the entire time managing the event.There was almost no food at the reception, just a few veggie trays and tiny cucumber sandwiches made by their friends. I saw quite a few of the couple's close friends that did not get to enjoy the reception at all because they were in the back the whole time prepping and serving food.

So, without any substancial food and no MC to explain what was happening, people left. Apparently the bride was super upset that everyone left so early.

I just thought it was so gross to make all your closest friends and family work like dogs through your wedding and not provide enough food, drink or entertainment to guests. They could have had a smaller wedding and hosted properly or just waited a bit and saved up ... not sure why they made the choices they did.
  • Schatzi13 said:
    Have we done a category yet for Facebook screwups? I have an engaged FB friend who posts EVERYTHING wedding-related, including a picture of the STD. She has about 1,000 friends, and I've heard that the wedding will be around 100.
    I hate that so much. I posted some photos to Instagram, and I posted my engagement to Facebook, but beyond that, I don't mention the wedding. I don't even say when it is.

I know a dear friend from home who posts something wedding-related at least once or twice per day on Facebook and Twitter, including today, a photo of the wedding dinner menu and photos of the shower gifts she received in the mail. Oversharing is one thing, but oversharing details about an event that many people aren't invited to? Icky.
  • Schatzi13 said:
    Have we done a category yet for Facebook screwups? I have an engaged FB friend who posts EVERYTHING wedding-related, including a picture of the STD. She has about 1,000 friends, and I've heard that the wedding will be around 100.
    I hate that so much. I posted some photos to Instagram, and I posted my engagement to Facebook, but beyond that, I don't mention the wedding. I don't even say when it is.

I know a dear friend from home who posts something wedding-related at least once or twice per day on Facebook and Twitter, including today, a photo of the wedding dinner menu and photos of the shower gifts she received in the mail. Oversharing is one thing, but oversharing details about an event that many people aren't invited to? Icky.
    I posted some stuff on fb.  There is a group of us that uses it to keep in touch and we all completely understand that we cannot all be invited to every event so this is how we keep each other involved.  I do not post the date until the day of.  

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Schatzi13 said:

I have a FB friend who posts all the time, including the date and asking people for recommendations for DJs, photographers and the like. I posted about the engagement, changed my status from "in a relationship" to "engaged', but haven't even posted anything else. We signed our contract for the venue, and all I did was tell our VIPs vis calls or texts.

You never lose by loving. You always lose by holding back. - Barbara DeAngelis
  • mysticl said:
    WonderRed said:

Thank you, red meat and pork are two meats a lot of people don't or can't eat for a majority of reasons. I would of are poltury, or even fish or a pasta but not having an option let me and others go hungry.
    Did you let them know ahead of time what your dietary restrictions were?
    I know brides who instantly think, "Its my wedding, screw you if you don't like what I offer." In talking to my supervisor at work, I said that I want to make sure there are no tree nuts in the foods and vegetarian options, and will offer gluten free as well. She said it was stupid of me to worry about other people's dietary requirements since it is my wedding. She said if she had any vegetarians at her wedding, all they could eat was some veggies like corn, mashed potatoes and rolls.

**STUCK IN THE BOX***

Hosts should definitely make an effort to try to anticipate some diet things but they can't guess at every possible scenario that's out there.  Some responsibility does have to fall on the person with the specific needs to make them known though.  I'm so glad we only have 30 people coming because we know everyone well enough to know what we need to do.    Our cocktail hour has plenty of vegetarian options.  We're doing a plated dinner and each plate includes salmon and pork  but our venue will do a special/vegetarian/vegan meal for anyone who needs it if we let them know ahead of time. We included the wording "Please let us know if there any dietary restrictions we can accommodate for you" (or something like that) on the RSVP cards and left a blank space.  We already knew one guest was a vegetarian but no one else has said anything so hopefully no one shows up the day of and is mad about the food.

You're right that you can't guess every situation out there.  But having a chicken course, some sort of vegetarian entree, and a few side dishes should cover most situations.   Not all venues will work with you to accommodate individual needs.  If you are booking a buffet you have to pick options that will work for everyone, you may not be able to add on 1 or 2 specific meals.  
    This.  I went to a wedding last summer where the RSVP card offered a choice of chicken, fish, or vegetarian.  When we were served, both the chicken and fish were a duet plate with beef.  Many of the guests were horrified that their chicken or fish was sharing a plate and a sauce with a piece of red meat.  There's nothing wrong with offering a duet, but make sure you fully inform your guests of what it includes so they can alert you that they cannot eat part of it.
  • edited January 2014

Ok, here's mine.  Worst wedding I ever attended... It was held in a hall, with the ceremony and reception in one space. About 100 people. Was supposedly an "upscale" place.

• Lighting was abnormally low and we could barely see the B&G
    • No mic so we could not hear a single thing from the ceremony
    • The cocktail hour fails included:
      •  One tiny bar for 100 people.  The line was ridiculously long.
      • There were 3 apps being passed, all of which came straight out of your local grocer's freezer. They were gross.
      • The crab cakes were being passed with a paper liner still on them, that got kinda baked in so that you couldn't really see it, which FI learned the hard way
      • There was one waiter who thought it was cute to photo bomb all the pics people were taking during the cocktail hour.  He stuck with our little group an annoyingly long time, and I have the pics to prove it.
    • Reception fails:
      • Buffet style with the strangest assortment of food I've ever seen.  The choices were very limited and small, there was no rhyme or reason to the choices and it all tasted awful.  Many, many people were asking each other, "is this part of the cocktail hour, or dinner?" If you have to ask...
      • DJ sucked in a very big way.  Music selection had everyone scratching their heads and his manner was just the most stereotypical, cheesiest nonsense
      • Speeches:  MOH seemed to think she was on broadway and gave a long, rambling speech mostly about herself (at one point insinuating that she's had a first shot at the groom and passed), all while swishing around the skirt of her dress like a 5 yr old.   Bride's father called her the wrong name during his speech. Called his own daughter by the wrong name.  This is not a drill people. 
      • FOB, obviously hammered, had to be escorted from the dance floor later that night over some scuffle that broke out.  Classy.
      • Cake:  Cardboard

And yet, the B&G seem to have had a great time and thought it was swell. So bless their hearts.  Wish I could say the same for the rest of us, who drove 10 hours each way to attend.  We wound up scrounging up some fast food afterwards because we were starving.

And just to share... this was the side of FI's family that thinks they're pretty fancy and has been very vocal and critical of FI's immediate family, who live a simple lifestyle.  So after all their mouthing off in the past I thought it would be a very classy wedding. It was anything but.  

Imagine my suprise when the groom from this debacle/wedding was overly questioning our decisions (out of state, weekend celebration, etc).  I managed to bean dip him and move on.  In my mind though, I was thinking, why don't you come so you (and your family) can see how it's done?

• kitty8403kitty8403 member
    First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    edited October 2013
    Schatzi13 said:

I haven't put anything personal up besides a photo when we first announced and the odd wedding related article. Occasionally people will post relevant stuff on my page and I have a few brides in my circle, but I do try to keep it to a minimum. I don't tell people the date at all unless they are on the VIP list. (We haven't sent STDs yet.)
  • I haven't been to too many weddings, although that is starting to change - now that friends are starting to get engaged. However, I went to this one earlier this year.

I was a BM, and was super excited about it, until I saw the dress. The bride ordered them all online, and just asked for our sizes. I'm in the middle of two, and THANK GOD I had her order both (the fact that they were less than $20 tipped me off to the impending awfulness). When I got them, neither size fit - super tight and short and ruffled and ruched. I tried to get her to order the next size up, but she said that the dresses were discontinued (no wonder, they were terrible). She said, why not just get it tailored with extra fabric from the smaller size, which turned out to be $100. For a dress that I would wear once and only once.

Then, on the actual day of the ceremony - the other BMs and I were given a list and told to go set up the decorations for the venue before getting ready. We were also made to clean up after the reception.

Honeymoon registry, and they haven't gone on a honeymoon. So I'm not really sure what happened with that.

Finally, the reception venue was about a 20-minute drive from the hotels at a private country club. There were no arrangements made for transportation - no cab numbers, no bus. Luckily my now-FI and I managed to get a ride from one of the bride's uncles as he was leaving and we were both unfit to drive.

Love the girl, but not the best wedding. However, sounds like many of you had it way worse!
  • mysticl said:
    The bride and groom are not obligated to provide transportation from the reception to the hotel.  You and your boyfriend should have been responsible adults and decided which one of you would be the designated driver.  
    This was also an out of town wedding for us and we flew in and had no car. There was no vehicle for either of us to have been designated drivers of.
  • mysticl said:
    mysticl said:
    The bride and groom are not obligated to provide transportation from the reception to the hotel.  You and your boyfriend should have been responsible adults and decided which one of you would be the designated driver.  
    This was also an out of town wedding for us and we flew in and had no car. There was no vehicle for either of us to have been designated drivers of.
    Then why did you mention you were in no condition to drive?  Why didn't you rent a car?  Did the bride tell you that she would handle your transportation?  Did you ask her about transportation prior to getting to the wedding?  Did you just assume she would take care of it?  
    I realize I should have been clearer, and was just trying to illustrate that we would have been unable to drive even if we had a car. We didn't rent a car because at the time we were both under 25 and rental would have cost a lot of extra money that I did not have - after buying the dress and paying for alterations, booking hotel rooms, flights, etc. The hotel was also the "airport" hotel, so there was a shuttle from the airport to the hotel. I had asked about transportation, but the bride said the reception venue was "close" and "not to worry about it." Looking back, I should have investigated further - and tried to arrange rides with people better, but it would have been nice to at least have provided some numbers of local cab companies.
  • mysticl said:
    mysticl said:
    Then why did you mention you were in no condition to drive?  Why didn't you rent a car?  Did the bride tell you that she would handle your transportation?  Did you ask her about transportation prior to getting to the wedding?  Did you just assume she would take care of it?  
    I realize I should have been clearer, and was just trying to illustrate that we would have been unable to drive even if we had a car. We didn't rent a car because at the time we were both under 25 and rental would have cost a lot of extra money that I did not have - after buying the dress and paying for alterations, booking hotel rooms, flights, etc. The hotel was also the "airport" hotel, so there was a shuttle from the airport to the hotel. I had asked about transportation, but the bride said the reception venue was "close" and "not to worry about it." Looking back, I should have investigated further - and tried to arrange rides with people better, but it would have been nice to at least have provided some numbers of local cab companies.   

Stuck in the freaking box.  You're right it would have been nice for her to do that.  For future reference the bar tender (if there is one) probably has that information or can get it for you.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards