Chit Chat

I am at a lost. It's over.

Re: I am at a lost. It's over.

• How are you doing today? I hope still sleeping and that you wake up to breakfast with your mom and a long, comforting weekend ahead of you. 
    *********************************************************************************

• Also thinking of you this morning and hoping you will check in with us.
  • Good morning! I hope last night left you refreshed and feeling a bit better. You sound like you're handling this very well- but keep checking in so we know you're ok!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Oh Alexis - that sucks. I am so sorry. I'm really glad he's making it super obvious what a dick he is, in the hopes that helps some.

It sounds like wine and mom were a great choice, and the other Knotties have your back covered. We'll be here whenever you need :)

• edited April 2015

That is just the worst, and I am so sorry for the pain you are feeling - sending positive thoughts for better days ahead.

First things first: I am so so so very sorry. 

Last things last: I really, truly am so so very sorry. Get your favorite crap food tonight, binge watch something stupid (I recommend Kimmie Schmidt, because she's unbreakable just like you) and hang out with your mother. 
    ... I cannot tell you how on board I am with the "Kimmie Schmidt" recommendation. I've been going through some shit of my own, and not only is that show the perfect kind of mindless-funny for when you need to turn your brain off, but I honestly have been going through a couple of hard days humming the theme song in my head: "Unnnnnbreakable!"
    Between unbreakable and pinot noir, my head is a kimmy schmidt soundtrack all day everyday
    And if this thread has proven anything, it's that "FEmales are strong as hell!" :)
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• I hope you're doing better this morning. I'm sure time with mom last night helped a lot. 

As for the wine - it's never too early to have some vino. 
                                 Anniversary
    imageimageimage

• While I'm really glad you are sleeping in and relaxing - I'm not going to lie, I'm anxiously awaiting an update on your car. It will literally make my Friday when I know that POS had to call for a ride to work today. Better yet I imagine him waiting for the bus and getting splashed by huge puddles while he waits.

Happy Friday and happy first day of the rest of your life! A much better life without some unappreciative asshole in it! xoxo
    That "shower" happened to me once when I was a freshman in high school. My girlfriend and I were rollerblading on a sidewalk really close to the road. It was right next to the boys soccer field and the older, varsity boys were practicing. 

A huge truck came by and made this giant puddle into a tidal wave. We got SOAKED and the soccer boys were all "ohhhhhhh!!!!!" That'll take ya down a peg...

(hope that cheers you up, Alexis!)
    *********************************************************************************

• While I'm really glad you are sleeping in and relaxing - I'm not going to lie, I'm anxiously awaiting an update on your car. It will literally make my Friday when I know that POS had to call for a ride to work today. Better yet I imagine him waiting for the bus and getting splashed by huge puddles while he waits.

Happy Friday and happy first day of the rest of your life! A much better life without some unappreciative asshole in it! xoxo
    That "shower" happened to me once when I was a freshman in high school. My girlfriend and I were rollerblading on a sidewalk really close to the road. It was right next to the boys soccer field and the older, varsity boys were practicing. 

A huge truck came by and made this giant puddle into a tidal wave. We got SOAKED and the soccer boys were all "ohhhhhhh!!!!!" That'll take ya down a peg...

(hope that cheers you up, Alexis!)
    That happened to me 2 years ago. Crossing the street from the parking garage to A JOB INTERVIEW. I wasn't that close to the road but the car steered INTO the puddle. Thankfully I was wearing a somewhat long coat but I was soaked from mid-thigh down. Assholes.

I did get the job though.

• That is just the worst, and I am so sorry for the pain you are feeling - sending positive thoughts for better days ahead.

First things first: I am so so so very sorry. 

Last things last: I really, truly am so so very sorry. Get your favorite crap food tonight, binge watch something stupid (I recommend Kimmie Schmidt, because she's unbreakable just like you) and hang out with your mother. 
    ... I cannot tell you how on board I am with the "Kimmie Schmidt" recommendation. I've been going through some shit of my own, and not only is that show the perfect kind of mindless-funny for when you need to turn your brain off, but I honestly have been going through a couple of hard days humming the theme song in my head: "Unnnnnbreakable!"
    Between unbreakable and pinot noir, my head is a kimmy schmidt soundtrack all day everyday
    And if this thread has proven anything, it's that "FEmales are strong as hell!" :)
    Here, lemme gif that for you:

Alexis, I'm late to this, but I am so sorry this happened to you. I'm glad your mom has your back, and that you're jumping right into getting your shit back! Hey, if he's going to break up over the phone like a child, he doesn't get to have the trappings of adulthood (like cars, new houses, or the respect of his peers).
    This baby knows exactly how I feel
  • Hey Alexis, I'm late as well. I didn't see this until now. I know everyone has covered everything but just wanted to let you know you're an amazing person and that dickweed did you a favor by removing his horrible self from your presence. Now you have a chance to find someone a million times better! 

Hugs tons of hugs! And good luck with everything. Hopefully you get your car back ASAP. Knotties had awesome advice! 
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Thinking about you Alexis. Hope you had funasy night and that the car had been returned.
  • AlexisA01 said:

Morning!!! I was pretty shitfaced last night and my and I was singing Flawless remix in hear car with her, she can rap the Nicki Minaj parts btw. It was amazing.

The car....my exFMIL&SIL brought the car over around noon and bitched him out when he was on break at work. They are in the living room. My FMIL and my mom became great friends over the last couple years. I am best friends with Ex Sil and she is scared our friendship would be ruined because of him but her and her mother are not on speaking terms with him.

Did they have any insight into his behavior? Has he lost his mind in other areas of his life too?

Anniversary

• AlexisA01 said:

Morning!!! I was pretty shitfaced last night and my and I was singing Flawless remix in hear car with her, she can rap the Nicki Minaj parts btw. It was amazing.

The car....my exFMIL&SIL brought the car over around noon and bitched him out when he was on break at work. They are in the living room. My FMIL and my mom became great friends over the last couple years. I am best friends with Ex Sil and she is scared our friendship would be ruined because of him but her and her mother are not on speaking terms with him.

Did they have any insight into his behavior? Has he lost his mind in other areas of his life too?
    I'm curious about this too. An out of the blue declaration to your fiance that you "just don't want to be in a relationship and just want to be alone" is kind of troubling, though it certainly doesn't excuse his inconsiderate and childish behavior.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• AlexisA01 said:

I'm curious about this too. An out of the blue declaration to your fiance that you "just don't want to be in a relationship and just want to be alone" is kind of troubling, though it certainly doesn't excuse his inconsiderate and childish behavior.
    She isn't entirely sure but she said he seemed depressed and will never be able read to his mind. She said he loves me and my fertility was never an issue but his was. He would rather be alone than deceive me. He agreed to talk to me about it and he would answer any and all my questions.

Live fast, die young. Bad Girls do it well. Suki Zuki.

• I'm so sorry for what you are going through. That was classless of him to break things off the way he did. Glad you called your mom. Give yourself time to mourn this as it is the end of a major part of your life. Down the road at some point you'll see that it was better that this happened now then after you said "I do". If your friends and family want to try to take you out, let them. You can't stop living because of this. Once you have mourned the loss of the relationship, start living and enjoying life and appreciate that you aren't being held back to enjoy new experiences by someone who doesn't appreciate you and want to be with you. You'll find lots of people who do want to be with you. Don't let what happened with him let you explore new relationships in the future.
  • novella1186novella1186 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited April 2015
    AlexisA01 said:

AlexisA01 said:

She isn't entirely sure but she said he seemed depressed and will never be able read to his mind. She said he loves me and my fertility was never an issue but his was. He would rather be alone than deceive me. He agreed to talk to me about it and he would answer any and all my questions.
    ----------ETF Box---------------------------------------------------------

So he was deceiving you? He just keeps sounding like more and more of a douchecanoe. Or like... a douchebattleship. 

I just hope you know that we all have your back, and we all want to see good things happen for you! You deserve to be happy and to have someone who won't put you through this type of nonsense. 
  • I'm very late to the party and would like to extend internet hugs.  I hope things look up for you soon, Alexis.
  • Alexis, I think that sounds like a fucking fabulous way to spend that day. I would party with you :)

• How far away is your wedding? How much money would you be spending then versus saving by not losing deposits?

I can't say that I think it's a very good idea just because you have no idea where your head will be by then... the hurt may hit you more by then and you won't want to be reminded/surrounded by people then, or you just might not care and want to move onto better things.

• AlexisA01 said:

Awesome ladies.

Thinking of you!
  • AlexisA01 said:

AlexisA01 said:

AlexisA01 said:

----------ETF Box---------------------------------------------------------

So he was deceiving you? He just keeps sounding like more and more of a douchecanoe. Or like... a douchebattleship. 

I just hope you know that we all have your back, and we all want to see good things happen for you! You deserve to be happy and to have someone who won't put you through this type of nonsense. 
    I guess he didn't want to be married and he had known. I have more fun plans with his mom, sister and my mom. Spa day tomorrow and calling to cancel my vendors. Before I do that, his mother, Keiko suggested that I should turn that day into a giant ass party with friends and family. Would it be bad to do something like this knotties?

------------box-------------------------

A spa day sounds amazing. I hope you ladies have so much fun! It's definitely a good idea to take some time to pamper yourself and be kind to yourself. I'm glad you're with people who care about you so much. You're handling all of this the best way possible.

I would definitely not side-eye a bigass party. That sounds like a great idea, however, I agree with lolo. Make sure it's something that would truly be fun and happy for YOU, and not something that may end up making you feel awful.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards