Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Holiday Confessions

12345679»

Re: Holiday Confessions

• Options
    Oh Mel I know.  The Erath County Humane Society in Texas euthanizes every single pit bull (and dogs that resemble pit bulls) that enters the shelter. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    LDY the Humane Society is offering a 5K reward for people who assist in catching dog fighters.  You should report BIL & buy yourself something fancy (H gets nothing just an IOU).

http://www.humanesociety.org/issues/dogfighting/tips/dogfighting_action.html
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_holiday-confessions?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:ec45a3c0-4b3a-4af4-88a4-16051397692cPost:a7fffa2f-4822-4067-9e41-96084d781475">Re: Holiday Confessions</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Holiday Confessions : That'd be reason enough for me to call Animal Control. If the cops don't care, I'm sure they can do something about it.
    Posted by georgia_bride09[/QUOTE]

The dogs are registered as "labs" - that's the issue. He said his neighbors tried to do that already and we have been instructed that if anyone asks, he has labs (I refuse to do that obv). He told the A.C. people that he has labs. I have no idea who would think those dogs are labs.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_holiday-confessions?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:ec45a3c0-4b3a-4af4-88a4-16051397692cPost:657936be-a185-48c9-aae8-5f7676f6e6b5">Re: Holiday Confessions</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Holiday Confessions : If A.C. comes and looks at the dogs, they will be able to tell that they're Pits. I don't see how that many people in MS can be that dumb.
    Posted by georgia_bride09[/QUOTE]

Ha, he said they didn't look at the dogs. Which makes no sense. He could have been lying and just trying to give us a reason that we shouldn't mention he has pits? I have no idea. He's a dumbass.
  • Options
    I remember when I lived in LA, there was a reort on how many Chihuahuas were in the county animal shelters.  Apparently Paris Hilton and a couple Chihuahua movies created a stupid Chihuahua craze that resulted in the overbreeding of these tiny pets and then the overcrowding of the county small dog facilities.  Last week I was at PetCo in northern CA, and there's a rescue up here that gets Chihuahuas from LA for people who want to rescue small dogs.  I'm glad that people are being resourceful about moving the unwanted small dogs around the country, but my goodness.  Beverly Hills Chihuahua should donate some its proceeds to these programs.
  • Options

They do look at the dogs to check for scars and to test their temperament.  I'm not sure how you stomach being around BIL.  I would have not been able to turn a blind eye. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_holiday-confessions?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:ec45a3c0-4b3a-4af4-88a4-16051397692cPost:b7fa0833-3c25-469b-afd5-4280a5b38923">Re: Holiday Confessions</a>:
    [QUOTE]BTW, Jane, I've been meaning to tell you that your kid is really cute.
    Posted by kikibaby[/QUOTE]

Aww thanks. He's more fun than I could have ever imagined :)
  • Options
    Well, if you want to take some of the guilt out of it LDY, that baby would be way better off without a dad that does stuff like that.  I always assume that anyone who is evil to animals (and i'm not talking about the occaisional spank here) is evil themselves and is just one step away from doing some really scary shiit.
  • Options
    Pink, I think when 101 Dalmatians came out many Dalmatian breeders temporarily would not sell puppies because they worried about irresponsible pet ownership.  I don't know if the same agreement happened among Chihuahua breeders, but that breed is just so much more common, and I don't know if a bunch of the breeders are just backyard or mill breeders.

It's just sad that parents think it's okay to buy a pet for their kids because of a cute animal they saw in a movie.  These are little dependent creatures (actually the dogs and the kids) who need responsible adults to say "no" in inappropriate situations. 

On a partially unrelated side note, my dog looks just like the Tramp from Lady & the Tramp.  She's a mutt, from a high-kill shelter.  I did not adopt her for her looks (the poor thing, everyone thinks she's a boy), although I do confess that I feed her spaghetti from time to time because she looks just like that spaghetti scene in the cartoon.
  • Options

My FH has a big family, 2 siblings, and 7 step-siblings, most of whom have at least 2 kids. As I was trying to explain to my FMIL that my FH and I are having a small wedding (100 people)...instead of giving me clues as to who on their side of the family won't go anyway, she decided to tell me about 10 more people that need to be added to my guest list. What a brat!

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_holiday-confessions?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:ec45a3c0-4b3a-4af4-88a4-16051397692cPost:43c54223-54f0-482a-8261-3953633882aa">Re: Holiday Confessions</a>:
    [QUOTE]I remember when I lived in LA, there was a reort on how many Chihuahuas were in the county animal shelters.  Apparently Paris Hilton and a couple Chihuahua movies created a stupid Chihuahua craze that resulted in the overbreeding of these tiny pets and then the overcrowding of the county small dog facilities.  Last week I was at PetCo in northern CA, and there's a rescue up here that gets Chihuahuas from LA for people who want to rescue small dogs.  I'm glad that people are being resourceful about moving the unwanted small dogs around the country, but my goodness.  Beverly Hills Chihuahua should donate some its proceeds to these programs.
    Posted by mica178[/QUOTE]

I've heard they're the most common dog in shelters in both SoCal and NorCal.

One of my coworkers was watching a Chi-mix named Tulip last Christmas for her foster parents, who were out of town. She was a cutie.
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_holiday-confessions?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:ec45a3c0-4b3a-4af4-88a4-16051397692cPost:1a801769-3ea7-4789-8a0e-d7d141445ef3">Re: Holiday Confessions</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Holiday Confessions : I've heard they're the most common dog in shelters in both SoCal and NorCal. One of my coworkers was watching a Chi-mix named Tulip last Christmas for her foster parents, who were out of town. She was a cutie.
    Posted by msmerymac[/QUOTE]

I just read that they're overcrowding the NorCal shelters too.  I hope that rescue group starts focusing on rescuing the NorCal Chihuahuas then.  It seems silly to ship them from SoCal if our shelters are bursting with little dogs too.
  • Options
    A few months ago, they shipped about a dozen chihuahuas from CA to NYC, where people lined up hours for the chance to adopt them and they were eagerly snatched up.  Wish they could get more of them out here!  I'm a proud chihuahua Mommy, and I know what great pets they can be, for people who can deal with all their weird quirks.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards